Spring is here! The weather is picking up, but in true Melbourne fashion some days are almost summer and some more like winter. Either way, it is a good time to turn your attention to spring cleaning the home.
It is always great to have someone who specialises in spring cleaning, who can do all the big ticket items such as cleaning out cupboards, dusting blinds, wiping walls, dusting ceilings and skirting boards etc. However, we all know there are some tasks that we just have to do ourselves.
You know what they say:
“If you clean out your home you clean out your life.’
The thought can be quite daunting but Help On The Way has devised a list of some great tips and tricks to help you through the process of house cleaning this spring.
JUST 10 MINUTES A DAY. Remember: small steps.
- Start with cleaning a kitchen drawer. This is usually the cutlery or cooking utensil draw. Make sure you have a divider in the drawer to keep everything in place. Don’t forget to throw out the junk!
- Clean out your pantry. Attempt one shelf a day. Don’t forget to check expiry dates and throw out everything that has passed its ‘used by date’ or will not be eaten.
- Look at the bench top in the kitchen or perhaps the dining room table or bedroom dresser. If there is clutter, go through it and put it away or throw it out! Folders, dividers or pencil holders are a fantastic way to make sure everything has a place!
- Clean out your medicine cupboard and throw out old medications (both prescription and over-the-counter)
- If you have kids, try a toy tidy-up. Zip-lock bags are a handy way to keep game pieces all together and organized! Don’t forget to throw out broken items. Get the kids involved by encouraging them to donate toys they have outgrown or don’t use anymore.
- Check whether the batteries in your smoke detector need changing. Don’t wait for the annoying beeping sound!
These are just some ideas to kick start your house cleaning this spring. If you need additional help your can always contact Help On The Way, as we specialise in Spring Cleaning & de-cluttering.